Uplifting and improving the lives of women by promoting and working for the advancement of their legal, political, economic, educational, health, and professional status.
Zonta Club of Makati & Environs (ZCME) envisions a world where women’s rights can flourish, where resources and power are shared in ways that enable everyone, including future generations, to thrive and realize their full potential with dignity. We envision a world where women are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men. ZCME envisions a world where no woman (and child) lives in fear of violence.
We use our combined power to facilitate dialogue and strategize on key issues affecting women and girls. We influence public policy by leveraging our access to power, making use of our resources and relationships. Past and on-going campaigns and advocacy projects include:
- Seminar on The Family Code
- Forum on Magna Carta of Women’s Rights
- Advocacy in schools and universities on “Say No-Unite to End Violence Against Women”
- Seminars on the Psychological Impact of Violence Against Women and Girls
- Seminars on R.A. 9262— Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004
- Seminar on R.A 9202 — Anti Trafficking in Persons Act
- Seminar on Alternative Medicine
- Seminars on Health and Wellness
- Z Club of Sacred Heart Academy of Novaliches seminar on “No to Early Pregnancy”
- Bravo Empowered Women Awards recognizing outstanding women in various fields
- Skills-training program for unemployed women at our Center in the Centennial Village on C-5
The Zonta Club of Makati was chartered with 22 members on April 26, 1971 by then International President Leota Pekrul.
ZCME’s board members are elected from a diverse constituency of women policy makers, academics, researchers, funders, practitioners, and business people committed to gender equality.
For the club’s outstanding performance in achieving the Governor’s biennium goals, which included chartering a new club and two Golden Z clubs,